PET DENTAL HEALTH
Did you know that good dental hygiene in your pet could extend their
life expectancy? “February is National Pet Dental Health Month and
Mark and Carola from K9 Korral have ideas on how to maintain and improve your pets’ dental health.
It has been proven that good dental health can potentially extend a
dog’s life by up to 30%. Gum disease can begin before the age of 3. Not only can it rot teeth
but can contribute to issues with your dogs heart, kidney, and lungs.
What are the warning signs? (it’s much like a human)
- Foul breath
- Discolored teeth with deep red gums
- Excessive tartar
- Bleeding gums after eating or chewing.
What should we do to prevent gum disease?
- Daily Brushing/Rinse
- Tooth brush, Finger brush & Doggie tooth paste.
- Dental Exam: Personally inspect teeth & gums.
- Get an annual Dental Exam.
- Dental Diet
- Dental chews or Non rawhide chews
- Busy Buddy, Nylabone
- Probiotics, Ozonated Oils, Coconut oil
How should you introduce the brush to your dog?
- Make it a game!
- Don’t stress as your dog will be able to sense that
- Show the brush
- touch the brush
- touch the brush to the teeth with a taste of good tasting tooth paste
- Brush the front of their teeth and so on over a period of a week or longer
To find our more information, contact K9 Korral at 941.951.8181. K9 Korral offers dog training, daycare, boarding and holistic pet supplies.
K9 Korral – Where the LOVE is!